As your health care partner, patient safety is our No. 1 priority at all of our Highland Medical practices. From emergencies and surgeries to walk-in care for urgent issues and checkups for chronic conditions, Highland Medical is taking every possible step to provide safe care in every practice and location where we see and treat patients.
Highland Medical, P.C., is prepared to provide the medical and surgical needs of our patients while maintaining the highest level of safety precautions. We offer same-day appointments, virtually or in person, and have put many measures in place to protect you:
- At Highland Medical practices, we follow stringent infection prevention protocols and have screening procedures in place for COVID-19 and other illnesses.
- We screen patients for symptoms when you come into our offices.
- Our staff is also screened for symptoms, using a banding system. Staff who have been screened will wear a colored wristband to indicate that their temperature has been taken and they are healthy and symptom-free.
- At Highland Medical, you must wear a face mask, or one will be provided to you, unless you have a medical reason for not being able to wear a face mask.
- A staff member will call the morning of your appointment to confirm. The number of patients scheduled in a day will be limited.
- We respectfully ask you to wait in your vehicle and call the office from the parking lot to let us know you have arrived. You will receive a call when it’s time to come inside for your appointment.
- Waiting rooms are used sparingly due to recommended social distancing practices. We further promote social distancing by spacing out seating in waiting areas.
- If someone brings you to your appointment (one person per patient), he or she can come inside to accompany you for your visit with the provider, wait in the waiting room if space is available, or wait in their vehicle. If an aide or assistant is required, two individuals may accompany the patient.
- Signage is posted in each exam room that specifies recommended sanitizing practices are strictly followed.
- Strict cleaning protocols with top-grade disinfectants help ensure patient exam rooms, equipment and high-touch surfaces are safe.
- We continue to recommend using our telemedicine service through a video platform for care that does not require an in-person appointment. Available for new and existing patients, this safe way of evaluating symptoms and prescribing treatment will ensure that can access safe and accessible medical care.
To Schedule a Well Medical Visit or Testing Procedure
- If you had a well visit scheduled and it was postponed, your Highland Medical practice will be contacting you to reschedule your visit or testing procedure.
- If you have recently seen one of our doctors and were indicated for further evaluation, testing, or a consultation with one of our specialists but did not schedule, please call your doctor’s office to schedule your appointment.
To Schedule A Surgery
- If you had a surgery scheduled and it was postponed, your Highland Medical practice will be contacting you to reschedule your procedure.
- If you have recently seen one of our doctors and were indicated for surgery but did not schedule, please call your doctor’s surgery coordinator to schedule your procedure.
- If you believe you need surgery but have not scheduled a date previously, please call your primary care physician or specialist for an appointment.
In addition, Highland Medical’s Patient Portal connects you with your doctor through a convenient, safe and secure environment. If you do not have a Patient Portal account, you can set up an account. Our secure patient portal provides you with many tools that will help you receive safe, personalized health care.
Please call 1-866-550-HMPC (4672) to make an appointment today or visit highlandmedicalpc.com for more information.