Highland Medical internists are experts in treating patients with common and rare diseases, and in managing care for the chronically ill. Our internists work with specialists throughout the region, including experts in cardiology, surgery, obstetrics-gynecology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and other disciplines. Our physicians serve as a hub for all patient care needs, coordinating the delivery of care in the doctor's office, hospital, intensive care unit or nursing home, to ensure care is prompt and seamless.
Our experienced internists teach wellness and good health, address sexual and psychological health needs, and promote preventive care, such as routine vaccinations, to reduce patients' risk of chronic and acute illness. Patients learn about the importance of regular exercise, eating a healthy diet, weight management and not smoking. Patients also receive information about mental health, substance abuse, and women and men's reproductive health.
- Symptoms and Conditions Treated
- Abdominal pain
- Acute infection, such as colds and influenza
- Bronchitis and other respiratory infections
- Cardiac conditions, including elevated cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Common orthopedic issues
- Dermatologic conditions
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Thyroid disease
- Urinary tract infections
Treatments and Services Available
- Physical examinations
- Smoking cessation counseling
- Weight control counseling